Friday, November 13, 2009

Back from Charlotte & a great series resource!

My trip last week to the American Association of School Librarians' conference in Charlotte, North Carolina was a great success! It was so inspiring to get together with about 2500 school librarians from around the US (and even Taiwan and Poland!) to share best practices, learn from one another, and attend fascinating programs on a huge range of subjects from Web 2.0 to using the Library of Congress' online historical documents to support student learning. Thanks to the American Library Association and Bound-to-Stay-Bound Books for the travel grant that made my attendance possible! Thanks to their sponsorship I now have dozens of great ideas I can't wait to try out with our students!

The resource I'd like to share this week is a great online database from Kent District Library called What's Next. Many people love to read series and one of the most common questions I'm asked is, "What's next?" Now you can search online and instantly find out the correct series order. Give it a try sometime!

No comments: